Thursday, July 29, 2010

Big Girl Bed

So, I've been sleeping in a twin bed since, oh, I dunno, I was 4 years old or something. Actually, my bed is probably the same one that I had when I was 4.

Anyway, since I needed to come to Boston directly after pre-service orientation in Philly, I had to find a furnished room, which I did (kinda). The room came equipped with a Queen-sized bed - my very own big girl bed!

It's really strange to sleep in a bed this size. I mean, I'm a small person and I do fine with a twin. I'm not just saying that either, but sleeping on this....it was amazing. It was like I didn't know what I was missing. I imagine it's an awful lot like when people discovered fire.

The strange thing is, when I take a nap I can't sleep like I do when I'm going to bed for the night. I have to sprawl across the bed the wrong way, my feet dangling off the edge, my arms splayed out beside me.

I mention this because I took a nap after work yesterday and today. Bad idea on both counts, but, whatever, that's what coffee is for tomorrow!

No comments: