Anyway, Laurie from Cook Scrap Craft nudged me and suggested I update and check out her latest post because she had just awarded me the Versatile Blogger award!
Woot woot!! The Versatile Blogger award is, and I quote, "to recognize good design, writing, photos, etc.; to network amongst other bloggers; inspire content ideas, etc. Conditions of the award stipulate that I need to share seven things about myself and then pass on this award to other wonderful bloggers.”
First of all, thanks Laurie!
Now, my seven things about myself:
- I love volunteering (which is where the Americorps thing has come in) and I want to help others. I try to live my life by the quote "Be the change you want to see in the world" or however it goes. I want to get that tattooed on me...somewhere...and it will symbolize my time in the Americorps.
- I also want a tattoo to symbolize my time in NY. I just haven't finalized what I want yet, but I do know it will be on my left wrist.
- I love to do just about any type of craft, especially if I'm learning something new. I guess you could say I dabble. I crochet, sew, draw, sculpt, etc.
- A sneak peak into my newest crochet project:
- I own my own popcorn popper. Hells yeah.
- I am obsessed with the new social networking site for philanthropists and volunteers called Crowdrise. You can add people to your page, get points (and get prizes with those points), fundraise for the charities you care about it, log your volunteer hours, etc. It was started by Edward Norton and I love it more than I love Facebook. Which is a lot. Here's my page if you want to donate to any of my projects: Lindsey's Crowdrise Page.
- I would classify myself as "Lazy OCD" meaning I have OCD about a lot of things (how things are organized, etc) but I'm too lazy to fix them.
And then finally, I'm supposed to choose 7 other bloggers to give this award to. I don't know if I know 7 other bloggers, but here goes: