Today was no exception. I am really tired today. Not just normal tired, but whole body tired. Like, my arms ache to hold up my book or hold onto the pole. I think it's because of yoga on Wednesday which I have a love/hate relationship with. Anyway, so today I was just thinking how great it would be for someone sitting down to leave the train so I could sit. Lo and behold, on the Atlantic Avenue stop the person sitting in front of me left. I don't think I've ever been so happy to sit down.
I pretty much sighed happily as I sunk down on the plastic seat and nestled into the germ ridden side rail (hey, it's not like I licked it or something). I thought to myself "Ah, shit yes. I have never needed a seat so much in the morning as I do now." I was content.
I thought someone was gonna have to pry me out of the seat when I got to my stop and I imagined a giant spatula slipping under me and lifting me up. This is how my mind works.
Anyway, it was a good ride, but most of the time, getting on the subway makes me want to throw myself onto the third rail. So, I give you my list of Top 5 Annoying Things about the subway in order of frequency.
1. People listening to their iPods too loud.
- This is most annoying when you can hear theirs over your own. I'm sorry but I don't want to hear "bum, bum, chhh, bum, bum chhhh" or your Celine Dion playlist. Turn that crap down.
- Are we seeing a pattern with the noises thing? I think so. I swear, I want to rip the gum out of the people's mouth and say "didn't your momma ever teach you manners?"
- I usually end up pushing my hand onto the pole in a really uncomfortable spot so they'll move.
4. People's purses/bags.
- I swear, bags are getting bigger exponentially. I seriously saw this girl with a bag the size of herself. I'm not kidding. It almost hit the floor. Is that really necessary?
- And when you push me with your bag, I just might hit you.
5. I'm sad to even say that I've seen this 3+ times in the past month, but when people cut their nails on the train.
- Seriously? You're seriously cutting your nails? Really? Disgusting.