Thursday, May 13, 2010

Confession #1

I have a confession to make. I'm in love with this man.
I stay up late to watch Late Night. I follow him on Twitter. When I can't sleep I watch re-runs of his show. Combine comedy with cuteness and put it in a suit (well fitted suit, I might add) every night and I. Am. Sold.

I've been to the show 3 times now and I just love it. Jimmy seems to really be making a name for himself in the late-night realm and has an array of hilarious spoofs. See below:

  • 6bee is a spoof of Glee where the Late Night cast must come up with money for new cue cards so they decide to enter into sectionals to win the cash. Hilarious, spot-on, and they are actually pretty good performers.
  • Late, similar to the show Lost, is a series where Jimmy and the Late Night crew are involved in an elevator accident and end up on an abandoned floor and can't get out. The camera work is identical to Lost and so over the top it's amazing.
  • Real Housewives of Late Night is Late Night's take on the Real Housewives series'. Jimmy and a lot of the crew dress up as women and play their wives. So close to the original series, it's scary.
  • 7th Floor West is a recreation of reality shows like The Hills and Laguna Beach. Again, spot-on with the spoofs. The first episode's main dilemma is when Jimmy has to decide what tie to wear on the first show.
  • And then, who can forget Robert is Bothered starring Jimmy Fallon as Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen of the Twilight series. So, ridiculous it's amazing. And he sits in a tree!

So there you have it. A little Jimmy Fallon sketch 101. As I said, I love him. The only downside is he's married. And not really accessible. But so cute I want to pinch his little cheekers.

No comments: